New kayakers: this course is for you! Our comprehensive on-water introductory lesson will give you the hands-on training and skills required to kayak in protected waters. This course features kayaking safety information, essential equipment knowledge, launching & landing skills, kayak strokes, and more. The skills and enthusiasm of our certified instructors, combined with the low participant:instructor ratio, will ensure a fun, comfortable, safe and educational experience!
Upon completion of this course, you will have the skills and confidence to paddle your kayak in protected waters.
Kayak and related gear is provided.
When you register for this course, also register for "Kayak 2 – The River" and save $10!
None. But a willingness to learn and a fondness for fun won't hurt.
These courses run on Arbour Lake, Heritage Pointe Lake or Glenmore Reservoir, as noted below.
- Mon-July 8-6:00pm to 9:00pm- Arbour Lake
- Wed-July 10-6:00pm to 9:00pm-Arbour Lake
- Mon-July 15-6:00pm to 9:00pm-Heritage Pointe
- Wed-July 17-6:00pm to 9:00pm-Glenmore Reservoir
- Mon-July 22-6:00pm to 9:00pm- Arbour Lake
- Wed-July 24-6:00pm to 9:00pm-Glenmore Reservoir
- Mon-July 29-6:00pm to 9:00pm- Arbour Lake
- Wed- July- 31 6:00pm to 9:00pm- Heritage Pointe
- Wed- Aug 7 -6:00pm to 9:00pm- Glenmore Reservoir
- Mon- Aug 12-6:00pm to 9:00pm-Arbour Lake
- Wed-Aug 14– 6:00pm to 9:00pm- Glenmore Reservoir
- Mon- Aug 19- 5:00pm to 8:00pm- Heritage Pointe
- Wed-Aug 21-5:00pm to 8:00pm- Glenmore Reservoir
- Mon-Aug 26-5:00pm to 8:00pm- Arbour Lake
- Wed-Aug 28- 5:00pm to 8:00pm- Glenmore Reservoir
- Wed-Sept 4-5:00pm to 8:00pm- Glenmore Reservoir
- Mon-Sept 9-5:00pm to 8:00pm- Arbour Lake
- Wed-Sept 11-5:00pm to 8:00pm- Glenmore Reservoir
- Mon- Sept 16-5:00pm to 8:00pm- Arbour Lake
- Wed- Sept 18-5:00pm to 8:00pm- Glenmore Reservoir
- Mon- Sept 23-5:00pm to 8:00pm- Arbour Lake