Undercurrents is Alberta’s biggest and best paddlesports shop. We are the local experts for canoes, kayaks & paddleboards (SUP). Undercurrents carries top quality brands, many of which are Canadian. We have a busy Paddle Canada certified paddling school.
We are all paddlers and our team is why Undercurrents is a great store and such a fun place to work!
Why work with Undercurrents?
- Great wages
- Work with a terrific team that is friendly, likes each other and loves to laugh
- We can sponsor a practicum for you, if you wish
- “Pro deals” on boats/boards, paddling gear and outdoor clothing like IceBreaker!
- Free paddling courses (skill and/or instructor) – increase your skills!
- Free gear rental
- Connect with the Alberta paddling community
- Network with outdoor industry people
- Change people’s lives by introducing them to paddling!
- Free parking
- Our Paddling Instructors are often seen as the face of Undercurrents! You love to share your infectious enthusiasm for paddling, as much as teaching good skills.
- You thrive in an atmosphere where you are appreciated for your fun & outgoing attitude, industrious nature and excellent communications skills.
- You are responsible, honest and trustworthy.
- You have experience as an instructor and Paddle Canada (or equivalent) instructor certifications in both kayaking and paddleboarding. If you meet all of Paddle Canada’s instructor prerequisites, then we can help you get the certification.
- Canoe instructor certification is beneficial, but not required.
- You possess current first aid & CPR certifications, and a valid driver’s licence.
This position is full-time during the season – mainly teaching and related activities with shifts in the store during slow times.
Please apply with a resume to [email protected]. Hiring is an ongoing process, so please apply early!
We also have other positions available. Check them out.