Undercurrents is Alberta’s biggest and best paddlesports shop. We are the local experts for canoes, kayaks & paddleboards (SUP). Undercurrents carries top quality brands, many of which are Canadian. We have a busy Paddle Canada certified paddling school.
We are all paddlers and our team is why Undercurrents is a great store and such a fun place to work!
Why work with Undercurrents?
- Great wages
- Thorough training
- Flexible hours
- Work with a terrific team that is friendly, likes each other and loves to laugh
- Both full-time & part-time positions are available!
- We can sponsor a practicum for you, if you wish
- “Pro deals” on paddling gear and outdoor clothing!
- Free paddling courses (skill and/or instructor) – increase your skills!
- Free gear rental
- Network with outdoor industry people
- Change people’s lives by introducing them to paddling!
- Free parking
- Being an Undercurrents part-time instructor is ideal for paddling enthusiasts who are attending school, or want to maintain their “real job,” while being paid to share their knowledge and love of paddling. Our instructors can also earn extra income with shifts helping customers in the store. (Instructor + store staff = full-time!)
- Our Paddling Instructors are seen as the face of Undercurrents! You love to share your infectious enthusiasm for paddling, as much as teaching good skills.
- You thrive in an atmosphere where you are appreciated for your fun & outgoing attitude, industrious nature and excellent communications skills.
- You are responsible, honest and trustworthy.
- You have instructor experience
- Ideally you possess current Paddle Canada instructor certifications in at least one of the following: canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding. Other recognized certification will be considered. If you are an experienced paddlers who meets all of Paddle Canada’s instructor prerequisites, then we can help you get the required certification.
- You possess current first aid & CPR certifications, and a valid driver’s licence.
Please apply with a resume to [email protected]ca. Hiring is an ongoing process, so please apply early!
We also have other positions available. Check them out.