Undercurrents, the local experts for canoes, kayaks & paddleboards (SUP), is Alberta’s biggest and best paddlesports shop! We carry top quality brands, many of which are Canadian, so our customers can always be confident in their purchase. Undercurrents is also one of the biggest Paddle Canada certified paddling school schools in the country!
We are all paddlers and our team is why Undercurrents is a great store and such a fun place to work!
Calgary, Alberta: a thriving and exciting city for outdoors minded people.
Why work with Undercurrents?
- Above average wages
- End-of-season bonuses
- Flexible hours
- Work with a terrific team that is friendly, likes each other and loves to laugh
- We can sponsor a practicum for you, if you wish
- “Pro deals” on boats/boards, paddling gear and outdoor clothing!
- Free paddling courses (skill and/or instructor) – increase your skills!
- Free gear rental
- Connect with the Alberta paddling community
- Network with outdoor industry people
- Free parking
The Shipper/Receiver, reporting directly to the President, is responsible for the comings and goings of merchandise, warranty management, inventory, and other tasks as assigned. This is a part-time position with variable hours. Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The Shipper/Receiver is critical to the ongoing success of Undercurrents! You are driven to complete tasks quickly and accurately.
- You thrive in an atmosphere where you are appreciated for your fun & outgoing attitude, industrious nature and excellent communications skills.
- You are responsible, honest and trustworthy.
- You possess good computer-user skills.
- You have a keen attention to detail.
- You possess the physical ability to lift and carry canoes, kayaks, paddleboards and other freight.
- You are careful to not damage fragile product.
- You are available to work occasional weekends.
- Ideally you have 6 months of shipper/receiver experience.
- Ideally you are a paddling enthusiast.
- You are ready to learn and to work with a great team of like-minded people.
Apply today with a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We also have other positions available. Check them out.