Undercurrents is Alberta’s biggest and best paddlesports shop. We are the local experts for canoes, kayaks & paddleboards (SUP). Undercurrents carries top quality brands, many of which are Canadian. We have a busy Paddle Canada certified paddling school.
We are all paddlers and our team is why Undercurrents is a great store and such a fun place to work!
Why work with Undercurrents?
- Above average wages
- End-of-season bonuses
- Extremely thorough training
- Flexible hours
- Work with a terrific team that is friendly, likes each other and loves to laugh
- We can sponsor a practicum for you, if you wish
- “Pro deals” on boats/boards, paddling gear and outdoor clothing like IceBreaker!
- The opportunity to teach paddling, if you are qualified (we can train)
- Free paddling courses (skill and/or instructor) – increase your skills!
- Free gear rental
- Connect with the Alberta paddling community
- Network with outdoor industry people
- Make customers happy, everyday!
- Free parking
- The position of Store Staff person is critical to the ongoing success of Undercurrents! You need to be driven to provide the highest quality of customer service that is courteous, informative and sincere.
- You thrive in an atmosphere where you are appreciated for your fun & outgoing attitude, industrious nature and excellent communications skills.
- You are responsible, honest and trustworthy.
- Your are a paddling enthusiast! Your instructor/guide certification is a desirable asset.
- You possess basic computer-user skills.
- You possess the physical ability to lift and carry canoes, kayaks and boards.
- You are available to work weekends.
- You are ready to learn and to work with a great team of like-minded people.
Please apply with a resume to [email protected]ts.ca. Hiring is an ongoing process, so please apply early!
We also have other positions available. Check them out.