As is standard in the industry, all lesson participants are required to read and agree to our waiver by signing and initially it. This is a copy of the waiver you will need to sign. Once you sign up for a course, you will receive a link to the site where you can sign this digitally. Thanks!
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
FOR PARTICIPANTS OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY
Participants must agree to and initial paragraphs 1-5 and sign this agreement before participating in any Undercurrents or Paddle Canada course.
WARNING: THIS AGREEMENT WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. READ CAREFULLY.
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in an educational kayaking, canoeing, or stand-up paddle-boarding course, training or any related activity (“paddlesports”), I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE, APPRECIATE AND AGREE THAT:
1. I assume all risk and release and hold harmless Paddle Canada, Paddle Canada Instructors, Paddle Canada Instructor-Trainers, Undercurrents Sports Ltd and their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, volunteers, premises and vessels (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any legal or equitable claims, demands, debts, law suits or causes of action that I, my estate, heirs, survivors, executors, or assigns may have had in the past, have now or may have in the future for any and all injury, disability, death, loss or damage to person or property, howsoever caused, including but not limited to the risks described in paragraphs 3, 4 and 5 of this Agreement, or by negligence or gross negligence.
2. By entering into this Agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representations made by the Releasees, other than what is set-out in this Agreement. This Agreement is the entire agreement on liability between the Releasees and the signing party (“Releasor”). No other terms may be incorporated into this Agreement. If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable. Litigation arising from this Agreement will be commenced in the province/territory that the activity was undertaken in.
HAZARDS AND RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PADDLESPORTS OR UNDERCURRENTS COURSES OR PADDLE CANADA COURSES
3. Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized in paddlesports, swimming, and related land or water activities is significant and includes the potential for broken bones, drowning, injuries related to exposure to natural elements, contagions and man-made pollutants, severe injuries to the head, neck, and back, or other bodily injuries that may result in permanent disability or death.
4. Potential causes of injury include, but are not limited to rolling over or sinking of a vessel, whether intentional or unintentional; water hydraulics, rapids, currents, swells, waves, water/wetness, debris, cold weather, cold water, lightning and natural forces, camping, animal attacks, portaging or other similar activities; my own negligence or the negligence of others, including that of the Releases, which may include misjudgments of terrain, rapids, weather or route choice.
5. I understand that this description of potential risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death.
I confirm that I have had sufficient time to read and understand this waiver in its entirety, and have agreed to the terms freely and voluntarily without inducement. I understand that this waiver is binding on me, my heirs or assigns, and my legal representatives.
______________________________ _____________________________________ _________________
Participant Name Signature Date (D/M/Y)
________________ __________________________________ _____________ _______ _____________________
City/Town Address Postal Code Province Telephone
___________________________________ __________________________ _______________________________
Email Witness Name Witness Signature
We would appreciate:
I give permission to allow photographs taken of me during this course to be used to promote paddling and for advertising. Yes/No
Please update me about paddling events, store news and deals by subscribing me to your email list. I can unsubscribe at any time! Yes/No
If you have a relevant medical condition, please describe them on the back of this page & inform your instructor.
undercurrents.ca / 403-262-4327 / 6531 Bowness Rd NW, AB, T3B 0E8